Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Climax!!!

The climax of the book did fill my expectations. What I thought would happen, happened, so no surprise there. I knew that Rick would end up killing Roy, Irmgard and Pris. It was odd and made me sad for some reason. I thought the whole book was a little odd to be completely honest but I have been enjoying reading it so far. It is just weird how anroids seem so smart and then they go and open the door to their own early deaths. One second, the humans have so much empathy, and the next moment they are killing the last of the andys. The whole story sort of contradicts itself in a sense. For example, the andys being so smart in some cases and stupid in others, like when Roy asked who was at the door and believed that it was really Isidore. And when humans think they can get away with anything and everything will stay the same in their own personal lives, like when Rick slept with that silly Nexus 6 and dropped her in a hurry, and then she pushed his goat off of the roof in return. The climax was just not surprising to me.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with most of the points you made in this. I think the climax was completely predictable but it was still good and this book was enjoyable to read. It is kinda crazy that the androids are supposed to be so smart and usually because of their own stupid mistakes they end up dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you like the book because it filled your expectations. I usually don't like books unless they surprise me, I don't like being able to figure out the end before I get there. I'm not quite sure what you're saying about the androids being stupid though. I do agree with humans thinking they can do whatever they want, but I think that may be a part of the message, that humans are sort of ignorant sometimes.

    ReplyDelete