Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Final Blog...

I have improved with finding information and piecing it all together to make a successful paper. Before, I was pretty much clueless. I have learned countless pieces of important information about the writing process. For example, I have learned the different parts of an essay and how to research to find information about articles, books, etc. at the library. I have learned how to write an annotated bibliography as well as improve my skills for writing a classical argument. I really believe the work I have done in English 151 will help me in future classes. It has already helped me in writing my research paper for my Black Media class. I have learned a lot about the class theme apocalypse. I have learned a lot about Zombies, I have changed the way I look and feel about clones, and I have learned a new way to view apocalyptic films. I have learned that lighting, costumes, and the camera angles all should be looked at to get a full understanding of a film like Zombieland or BladeRunner. I enjoyed reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? I found it really interesting and it was pretty easy to read. I did not like the movie BladeRunner. I hated how chrachter roles were changed from the book to the film. I did not like how the religion Mercerism was left out of the film because I feel like it was the background for the book. I liked writing the Annotated Bibliography the best because I had no idea what that even was before this class. I enjoyed doing the research and annotating the articles and booked I found useful. I thought this was a pretty easy paper to write once I learned about its different parts. Overall, I really enjoyed English 151. I think the theme made it most enjoyable because Zombies and clones are deffinately something I do not think about everyday, so it gave me the chance to learn about something new besides the new types of papers. I would suggest keeping the same theme because it makes everyone think and become interested in writing the papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment