Sunday, October 24, 2010

Long Blog About Sum/Response

Writing in the begininng of this class was very difficult to begin with, but blogging helped tremendously. Blogging allows you to free write quickly and get your thoughts out in the open to review. Comparing the two papers, one was deffinately more difficult. They were both tough, however I seemed to have more  trouble with the first paper. I am unsure if it was because I have not written a paper in a long time or if I was unfocussed. The second paper seemed easier to me, I think because I was getting used to writing again and was so intruiged by the book and the movie. The hardest part of writing both of these papers is starting out and trying to brainstorm ideas to write about. The easiest part was revision, going back and proofreading, changing things, and adding things. Once you get the basic structure, it all falls into place it seems like. I have noticed that I always want to summarize everything and not stick to my thesis. That is my weakness in writing. My strength in writing is revision. I think once I get the basics out of the way, I am pretty good at going back and making my paper better. I feel that peer review is a good thing. I think it really helps you with revision. You get other people's perspectives and opinions which only strengthen your writing. I have noticed little improvements, like making stronger thesis statements. I hope to improve the next paper by having no grammatical errors, a great thesis statement, and strong structure with tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment